University Heights Celebrates
— The Class of 2020 —
To put it mildly, this senior year for the High School Class of 2020 has not gone according to plan. Students should be enjoying their final weeks of classes with their friends and teachers. They should be going to softball games, concerts, and award ceremonies. There should be promposals, big commencement ceremonies, and graduation parties. This pandemic derailed so much. We here at City Hall can’t fix any of that, but we’d like to do something nice for the Class of 2020. All high school seniors living in University Heights are invited to participate in our Senior Spotlight program. We wish to produce a nice write-up on our local seniors to share on our social media accounts. In addition, we will include as many seniors as possible in the July issue of Mosaic, our city magazine. We will feature a senior on the cover of the magazine as well.
To be included, seniors should answer all of the following:
- High School
- Extra-curricular activities
- Activities outside of school
- Favorite class and teacher
- What will you remember most about being a senior during this pandemic?
- What will you miss most about high school?
- What message of thanks would you like to share with your parents, siblings or other relatives?
- Plans after graduation (college a/o career)
Seniors should send their responses, and a high-resolution photograph, to Mike Cook, Communications & Civic Engagement Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.